Shake can vigorously for 2-3 minutes before use. Apply ALUMINIUM PRIMER in several thin layers, spraying in sweeping motions. Allow each coating to dry for at least 5 minutes. Can be overpainted after 3 hours. Further coats of alternative products might require a drying time of 24 hours or more depending on application style. Always test spray on a non-visible area to check the compatibility of lacquer or paint. For optimal lifespan, store cans with the nozzle on.
NOZZLE: Flat Jet - Medium
RECOMMENDED NOZZLES: Flat Jet Medium and Wide
LAQUER BASE: NC-Acrylic
PRESSURE LEVEL: Medium pressure
COLOR: Light grey
GLOSS LEVEL (60° angle according to DIN 67530): 5-10 GE matte
HEAT RESISTANCE: Up to 80°C (176°F)
OVER PAINTING: Can be overpainted with Synthetic-, Nitro-Combi (NC) or Acrylic Lacquer after approx. three hours drying time
DRYING TIME AT 20°C (68°F) AND 50% RELATIVE HUMIDITY:
- Dust/Touch dry: approx. 15/30 min.
- Overpainting after 3h.
- Fully cured after 24h
Drying time depends on temperature, humidity and thickness of coating.
OPTIMAL PROCESSING CONDITIONS:
- Temperature 10° - 25°Celcius
- Surface temerpature 5° - 40°Celcius
- Air humidity max. 60%
- Priming and surface / adhesion preparation aluminium surfaces
- Surfaces should be dry and clean of oil, dirt or rust
- Sand back with a fine-grid sandpaper (280-400 grain) and carefully remove all residue afterwards
- Shake the can well for at least 3 minutes
- Spray distance should be at least 25cm/10in
- Test spray on a non-visible area
- Apply at least 2-3 layers in a grid pattern. Leave every layer to dry at least 5 min.
- Primes & improves adhesion on the top coat
- Limited/ conditionally suitable for copper & zinc
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When should I use a primer?
The goal of priming is to create a neutral surface to provide the longest possible lifespan and the most aesthetic finish for further coatings. Montana-Cans Primers are for pre-treatment and preparation of surfaces and will offer the greatest adhesion and protection to apply further coatings onto.
- How will using Montana ALUMINIUM PRIMER assist me?
Using Montana ALUMINIUM PRIMER will create the best possible surface for adhesion of further coatings on aluminum to help resist and prevent the onset flaking and cracking. Using the ALUMINIUM PRIMER will also enhance scratch resistance of further applied layers.
- When do I use Montana ALUMINIUM PRIMER?
Montana ALUMINIUM PRIMER is specifically created for the pre-treatment of aluminum and in some cases copper and zinc. Surfaces need to be clean, dry and free of all dust and oils before application. We suggest testing on a non-visible area of your material to check for compatibility.
- How do I start using my Montana ALUMINIUM PRIMER?
Remove the nozzle and turn the can upside down. Strike with your palm to allow the safety ring to fall out. Shake vigorously for 2-3 minutes with mixing balls moving freely. Place nozzle back on the valve and test spray.
- Which coatings can apply over the ALUMINIUM PRIMER?
You can apply any Montana-Cans color, tech or effect spray on primed surfaces after fully curing.
- How long does Montana-Cans ALUMINIUM PRIMER take to dry?
Complete drying time is usually 2-4 hours, however re-coating is possible after approx. 5 minutes
- Can I use other paints, materials & application forms on primed surfaces?
It is possible to combine other materials & Montana-Cans ALUMINIUM PRIMER – However, we suggest to always test for compatibility on a non-visible area.
The following PRIMERS are also available (click for more info!):