Transparent UV-Effect Paint for hidden effects on canvases, object and walls
- Glows violet/blueish under UV light.
- Covers on numerous surfaces such as canvas, concrete, wood, paper, various plastics or metals
- Low light resistance (similar to existing fluorine colours), therefore rather suitable for indoor use or surfaces which are not directly exposed to UV radiation.
- Special effect coating for discotheques or light installations with UV light
- Refinement of objects > Special UV-Transp
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Shake can vigorously for 2-3 minutes before use. Apply paint in several thin layers, spraying in sweeping motions. Allow each coating to dry for at least 5 minutes. The more layers are applied, the more visible the paint or applied layer.
Always test spray on a non-visible area to check the compatibility of lacquer or paint. For optimal lifespan, store cans with the nozzle on.
- Shake can well for 2-3 minutes.
- Spray distance 20-25cm
- After short breaks, shake the can again briefly.
- Application should take place in a thin fogging layer. The more layers are applied, the more visible the paint or applied layer.
- In case of partial varnishing, the applied varnish may be visible, but this is due to the different degrees of gloss (surface/varnish layer), in this case we recommend to cover the whole object/artwork with 2-3 layers of clear varnish, so that you get a uniform degree of gloss. Depending on how many layers of Varnish are applied, the glowing effect will be reduced.
- The UV effect can also be visible on absorbent surfaces such as paper or cardboard.
- When applying on effects, please test for compatibility before.
PRODUCT NAME: Montana UV Effect - Transparent
HS CODE: 32082090
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Germany
NOZZLE: Montana Flat Jet Cap Medium
RECOMMENDED NOZZLES: Montana Level 1-6
LAQUER BASE: NC-Acrylic
PRESSURE LEVEL: Low pressure
COLOR RANGE: -
GLOSS LEVEL (60° angle according to DIN 67530): 9 GE matte
HEAT RESISTANCE: Up to 80°C (176°F)
OVERPAINTING: Can be overpainted with Synthetic- or Acrylic Lacquer after the lower layer is completely cured (after 12hrs).
DRYING TIME AT 20°C (68°F) AND 50% RELATIVE HUMIDITY:
- Dust dry: after approx. 10 min
- Touch dry: approx. 60 min.
- Fully cured after 24 h
Drying time depends on temperature, humidity and thickness of coating.
OPTIMAL PROCESSING CONDITIONS:
- Temperature 10° - 25°Celcius
- Surface temperature 5° - 40°Celcius
- Air humidity max. 60%
DANGEROUS GOODS INFORMATION
- Dangerous goods class 2.1
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray and how does it work?
Montana UV-EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml is a transparent effect paint that is only visible under direct UV light. Able to be sprayed on nearly any substrate, the colorless and semi-gloss paint is not visible in sunlight, rather illuminates when exposed to UV light as a glowing, blue-purple color.
What can I use Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray for?
Montana UV-EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml is ideal for indoor or under cover use and can be a great tool not just for making art or art happenings, but also in practical contexts such as Guerrilla Marketing, night clubs, venue and property marking.
How long does Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray glow for?
Montana UV-EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray glows ongoing as long as it is in the presence of UV/Blacklight.
How do I get the most glow out of my Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARTENT 400ml spray?
Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml works best if applied in thin, even, multiple coats. Pre-primed surfaces that are primed in white or light colors offer the most radiance. We recommend pre-priming with the Montana GOLD color SHOCK WHITE. The stronger the UV/Blacklight source used, the greater the glow. The UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml effect is best viewed under UV light in otherwise total darkness, without the presence of other light sources.
How do I start using my Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray can?
Remove the spray nozzle and turn the can upside down. Strike with your palm allowing safety ring to fall out. Shake vigerously for 2-3 minutes ensuring you can hear the mixing balls moving freely. Replace the cap back onto the top of the can valve and trigger away from substrate to test. If flowing freely you can start painting.
Which surfaces can I use my UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray on?
Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray can be used on smooth, rough and primed surfaces like uncoated screens, masonry, wood, glass and more. The UV light effect becomes more prevalent; the more coats are applied particularly when applied with a stencil. Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray can be used for interior or exterior projects.
Is the Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray visible when dry?
Due to the UV EFFECT’s semi-gloss finish, the UV EFFECT spray can be slightly visible if painted on a matte substrate. The application of the Montana GLOSS Varnish can be used to create an all over gloss finish which discretely hides the UV spray under one gloss coat.
How long does Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray take to dry?
The drying time for Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray varies depending on substrate, ambient temperature and levels of humidity. Please note a longer drying time then other Montana Cans spray products is required.
Is Montana UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray as durable as other sprays?
Due to the completely man-made synthetic nature of the luminous pigments in UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray, it has limited resistance to weathering and the ellements such as natural light. To increase its durability, apply Montana GLOSS VARNISH spray after the UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT400ml spray has completely dried and cured.
How far should I hold the can away from the substrate while painting?
Optimum distance from substrate is normally beween 15 and 25cm depending on your task. Thin, even layers are optimal.
Can I paint over my UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml with other paints?
Yes. You can apply other paints and effect coatings over UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml including Montana GOLD, Montana BLACK, Montana WHITE, Montana ACRYLIC markers as well as customary acrylic paints. It is important that the UV EFFECT TRANSPARENT 400ml spray is completely cured for 24-48 hours.