Montana TEXTURE Spray for creating impasto structured surfaces, even out cracks and holes or creating unique surface on your substrate.
- Suitable for levelling small uneven areas, e.g. cracks or holes.
- Suitable for creating structures, e.g. sponge or spatula technique.
- Priming on coarse-pored surfaces e.g. brick, Ytong
- Improves the adhesion of paints/varnishes on very smooth substrates.
- Improvement of the corrosion protection.
- High filling power
- High film thickness
- Extremely good stability
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Shake can vigorously for 2-3 minutes before use. Smooth surfaces should be sanded before applying Montana TEXTURE Spray to achieve the best possible adhesion. Spray distance approx. 20cm, at a smaller distance gas inclusions may occur, which become visible through small holes after drying. After approx. 2 hours, depending on the weather, wet sand with sandpaper P400 to P500. The drying time will be longer with thicker layers. Before starting to overpaint Montana TEXTRUE Spray with synthetic resin or acrylic lacquers, it is recommended to let it dry through completely in order to avoid possible reactions between paint and Montana TEXTURE Spray
Always test spray on a non-visible area to check the compatibility. For optimal lifespan, store cans with the nozzle on.
PRODUCT NAME: Montana Cans T800 TECH TEXTURE
HS CODE: 32082090
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Germany
RECOMMENDED NOZZLES: Standard Cap, Calligraphy Cap, Needle Cap
LAQUER BASE: Acrylic
PRESSURE LEVEL: High pressure
GLOSS LEVEL (60° angle according to DIN 67530): 2 GE matte
HEAT RESISTANCE: Up to 80°C (176°F)
COVERAGE: very good
OVERPAINTING: Can be overpainted with synthetic resin or acrylic paints after approx. 2-3 hours. Ideally, however, only after drying through, so that a large part of possible reactions can be ruled out.
DRYING TIME AT 20°C (68°F) AND 50% RELATIVE HUMIDITY:
- Dust/Touch dry: approx. 15/60 min.
- Wet grinding: after approx. 2-3h
- Overpainting after 24h
- Fully cured after 24h
Drying time depends (very much!) on temperature, humidity and thickness of coating.
OPTIMAL PROCESSING CONDITIONS:
- Temperature 10° - 25°C/50 - 77°F
- Surface temperature 5° - 40°C/40 - 105°F
- Air humidity max. 60%
DANGEROUS GOODS INFORMATION
- Dangerous goods class 2.1
- Shake the can well for at least 3 minutes
- Spray distance approx. 20cm, at a smaller distance gas inclusions may occur, which become visible through small holes after drying.
- Apply thickly to one or more areas and spread with a spatula, sponge or brush of the remaining area.
- Do not work in a humid environment to to avoid moisture inclusions
- Very smooth surfaces with sandpaper P240 to Roughen or grind P360.
- Overpaintable with synthetic resin or acrylic lacquers
- After approx. 2 hours, depending on the weather, wet sand with sandpaper P400 to P500. The drying time will be longer with thicker layers.
- Not suitable for polystyrene. Apply polystyrene primer before.
- Not suitable for elastic substrates. May cause cracks and fissures in the paint.
- Smooth surfaces should be sanded to achieve the best possible adhesion.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Montana TEXTURE 400ml?
Montana TEXTURE 400ml is a grey texture spray enabling the generation of sculptured impasto surfaces. It is suitable for any creative work, as a foundation for further coatings or to patch up small irregulariries such as holes or cracks.TEXTURE 400ml offers increased anticorrosive protection to surfaces it is applied to.
How does Montana TEXTURE 400ml spray work?
Montana TEXTURE 400ml can be sprayed onto the desired surfaces. It forms a thick layer of high grade sculpture coating that is grey in color. This coating has excellent adhession and can be shaped and manipulated when wet. It can also be sprayed onto an alternative surface and then applied by pallet knife or spatular to the desired substrate when wet.
Can I shape Montana TEXTURE 400ml spray once dry?
The Montana TEXTURE 400ml can be further shaped and manipulated once dry with sand paper or etching tools. It is also able to be wet-sanded when dry to achieve an extremely smooth surface.
How do I start using my Montana TEXTURE 400ml can?
Remove the spray nozzle and turn the can upside down. Strike with your palm allowing safety ring to fall out. Shake vigerously for 2-3 minutes ensuring you can hear the mixing balls moving freely. Replace the cap back onto the top of the can valve and trigger away from substrate to test. If flowing freely you can start painting.
What surfaces can I use Montana TEXTURE 400ml on?
Montana TEXTURE 400ml can be used on wood, glass, stone, porcelain, acrylic and other non-elastic surfaces.
Can I paint or apply other coatings over Montana TEXTURE 400ml?
Yes. You can apply other paints and coatings over Montana TEXTURE 400ml once it has completely dried and cured. It is possible to apply all of the Montana Cans paint and marker ranges on it.
What should I observe when applying my Montana TEXTURE 400ml?
It is important that the surface you will be applying the spray to is clean and free of dust, rust and oils. When applying close to the substrate air lock may occur. Air can be released by manipulating with a pallet knife or brush. Applying to an elastic surface can result in poor adhession, cracking and eventual detatchment.
If I use a brush on wet TEXTURE spray, how do I clean it?
If you use a brush with TEXTURE spray, then you need to use an acetone based cleaner to remove TEXTURE spray residue while it is still wet.
How long does the TEXTURE spray take to dry?
A minimum drying time of 60 minutes is ideal before wet sanding. Touch dry can occur between 30-90 minutes, depending on thickness of application, humidity and ambient temperature. Allow to dry 24-48 hours for full curing before applying alternative top coats.